Thursday 9 February 2012

Lady GaGa on bulimia struggle: "I used to throw up all the time"

Lady Gaga performs in Times Square during the New Year's Eve celebration
Lady GaGa has opened up about her battle with bulimia.

The 'You and I' singer revealed that she always struggled with her weight, confessing that she used to throw up in high school.

"I used to throw up all the time in high school," GaGa said during a recent interview with Maria Shriver. "So I'm not that confident."

She explained: "I wanted to be a skinny little ballerina but I was a voluptuous little Italian girl whose dad had meatballs on the table every night."

The 25-year-old went on to reveal that it was thanks to music that she was forced to stop the harmful practice.

"It made my voice bad, so I had to stop," GaGa said. "The acid on your vocal chords - it's very bad."

The singer admitted that she still has body image issues.

"Weight is still a struggle," GaGa confessed. "Every video I'm in, every magazine cover, they stretch you - they make you perfect. It's not real life."

GaGa recently claimed that she is looking for an Italian sperm donor to father her child via in vitro fertilisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment