Sunday 27 May 2012

Frank Skinner has first child at the age of 55

Frank Skinner
New parents ... Frank Skinner and Cath Mason

COMEDIAN Comedian Frank Skinner has become a father for the first time after his girlfriend gave birth to their son. 

 

The 55-year-old broadcaster shared the happy news with listeners of his Absolute Radio show, saying of the 9lb baby: “He’s going to be so funny when he grows up.”
His son, born this week after an “exciting 5am drive across London” with partner Cath Mason in the advanced stages of labour, has been named Buzz Cody.
Explaining the choice of names, Skinner said: “If you’re my age, obviously he’s after Buzz Aldrin, the second man on the moon.
"For you youngsters listening, yes, it’s that puppet from Toy Story.”
He added that he had met the astronaut, saying: “Buzz was definitely interesting - I interviewed him once and he was brilliant.
“When he walked on stage I actually said to him, ’Careful, there’s just one small step’. He took it very well, I must say.
“His second name is Cody, as in Buffalo Bill Cody, the greatest showman of all time, so I’ve worked out his career.
“I looked at him, I don’t know if many dads do this, but I looked at him, and you know you’re supposed to say, 'Oh he’s so blah-blah’.
"I said, 'Oh God, he’s going to be so funny when he grows up’.”
Skinner announced the news after playing the Johnny Mathis classic When A Child Is Born on his show.
The comic said of the birth: “Cath was already in mighty labour when we arrived. We had the exciting five o’clock drive across London with me very worried about her and slightly worried about the upholstery.”
He added: “I’m just glad he’s out and he’s well and his mother is okay and all that.”
Skinner, host of BBC2’s Room 101, joked about how he didn’t understand why people ask for a newborn baby’s weight.
He said: “Why do people always talk about the weight? When you send the text off you’ve got to put the weight in.
“Say if I was a single man and I’d met a woman last night, I wouldn’t text you and say, 'Met this gorgeous bird last night in Chinawhite, I’d say seven stone eleven'."
His co-presenter Emily Dean visited the new parents yesterday and told Skinner: “I think he looks a bit like you, Frank - but your mother-in-law said he looked like Graham Norton."

No comments:

Post a Comment