Tuesday 24 May 2011

Adele: “I don’t feel like I’m here to be a singer”

Adele: “I don’t feel like I’m here to be a singer”
She’s probably the biggest singer (we’ll say Lady GaGa is the biggest pop star) on the planet right now, but Adele doesn’t think she’s meant to just be a recording artist.

Despite the massive critical and commercial success that she’s currently enjoying, the 23-year-old doesn’t think it’s her calling to be a singer, and she’s looking forward to motherhood. Adele told Q magazine, “I honestly don’t feel like I'm here to be a singer, I feel like I’m here to be a mum. I wanna look after someone and be looked after, give my all to someone in marriage and have a big family, have a proper purpose.”

Now on the one hand we love how down to earth and lovely Adele is, on the other we really hope this isn’t her subtle way of warning us that she plans to do a Lily Allen and retire from music one day. We think Adele’s far too talented to give up singing, and there’s no reason why she can’t be a mother and a pop star, surely?

No comments:

Post a Comment