Thursday 22 September 2011

Sarah Jessica Parker finds criticism “painful and distasteful”

Sarah Jessica Parker finds criticism “painful and distasteful”

Sex And The City’s Sarah Jessica Parker is a sensitive soul, she has admitted that she finds criticism “painful”.

SJP has branded the way people so easily criticise and insult others as "distasteful" and "vulgar" telling Stylist magazine, "I'm criticised all the time. I'm not even circumspect about it. The idea of it all is very painful because I think, 'How can they make assumptions about me that are so untrue?'" Aww, poor SJP.

The actress also admitted that her job means she is always coming under fire from critics, but she prefers to not read her reviews. “Proper film or theatre criticism is part of what I do,” continues SJP, “I don't read them but I don't begrudge a critic an opinion. But personal criticism I find distasteful.”

The I Don’t Know How She Does It star also finds it hard to understand why women are negative and unsupportive towards other women,

“We think it's funny to be mean and women say awful things about other women and use terrible language and call each other awful names. It's so uncivilised and vulgar; it's not good for our soul.”

Do you think that SJP has a good point to make, or do you love bitching about celebrities?

No comments:

Post a Comment