Saturday 24 September 2011

Noel Gallagher hates Twitter...and the internet.


Noel Gallagher hates Twitter...and the internet.

Of the Gallagher brothers, Liam is definitely the one we’re more scared of. However, it seems that Noel Gallagher  has decided to hit out at celebrities on the social networking site Twitter, as he’s fed up of people using it “to sell people their s***”. Charming.
We thought it was just Twitter that the singer/guitarist  isn’t a big fan of, but it turns out the whole concept of the internet doesn’t float Noel’s boat one bit.
"I'm not a tweeter ... Stuff like, 'Oh I'm going for a shower,' great. 'I slept in again, bugger.' Life's too short for that kind of thing but I think those things like Facebook and twitter and stuff were started with the best of intentions to connect ordinary people around the world...But as with everything celebrities get involved and bastardise it, trying to sell you their s**t. There's too much of that. Anything that's of any use famous people get hold of it and take it for themselves and it gets a bad rap. I'm like sitting here and thinking I hate twitter and I don't know why."
We feel your pain Noel, though we won’t disclose the hours we’ve wasted scrawling through some of our fave celebs feeds...even if it is mostly drivel. We love it!
Noel believes that the internet is also to blame for destroying the “magic and mystery” of musicians, saying,
" I don't think people need to know what shower gel I'm using. There's too much information in the world and there's no magic or mystery anymore. That's why I didn't announce I was in the studio making this album until 18 months down the line. Because it would be like, 'Yeah man I'm in the studio and today I recorded a song in my socks! And it was great man and it might turn out to be a disco song.' What's the point?' I was obsessed with the Smiths and there was none of that going on. You just waited and wondered what they were up to and then the album would come out in four weeks and it was like, 'Wow!' “
We understand where you’re coming from Noel, but you also revealed that you got your first computer only last Christmas...Come on Grandad! It’s time to get a bit more involved with the world wide web. We don’t think we’re going to change his mind, which probably means a new Gallagher spat for you all; Noel VS The Internet. Well good luck trying to pick a fight with the internet Noel, because it’s invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment