Monday 28 May 2012

Marcus Collins: UK is okay that I am gay

X FACTOR runner-up Marcus Collins has revealed he was never going to lie to the public about his sexuality.

The Scouse singer believed that being honest with the public from the start was the best way to deal with coming out.
He said: “I saw Will Young win Pop Idol then come out, then the same with Joe McElderry after The X Factor.
“I think the public can feel hurt if you’re not honest. I made the decision early on to stay true to who I am.”
Marcus, who was mentored by Take That frontman Gary Barlow on the ITV1 talent show, also hopes that coming second in The X Factor to Little Mix last year will be a blessing.
He said: “I have seen Rebecca Ferguson achieve great things after she came second to Matt Cardle, so I know that I could too.”
Marcus’s new single, Mercy, is taken from his debut album and comes out on June 3

No comments:

Post a Comment