Saturday 26 May 2012

The Voice's Will.i.am: ‘I can’t sing’


The Voice's Will.i.am: ‘I can’t sing’

It won’t come as a surprise to anyone who has seen the judges’ live performances on The Voice – but will.i.am has admitted he can’t sing that well.
The Black Eyed Peas star – who is paid a whopping £200,000 to mentor singers on the BBC show – said: “I use autotune because I write and produce.”
Speaking on Alan Carr: Chatty Man, he added: “A lot of the time I am in the studio by myself and no one works as much as I do.
"So the computer allows me to make music singing myself and not wait around for singers to come and sing it.
“It’s a rare combination to have someone who can write songs and sing well.
"The computer allows me to execute my ideas at the speed I think them. So that’s why I lean to autotune. It’s just an effect.
"But I am working on, you know, my singing abilities.”
But when Alan asked him about the show’s slump in ratings, he oddly answered: “I checked Wikipedia once and it said I was one million years old, so you can’t always believe what you read.”

Official figures have shown the number of viewers tuning in have halved from more than 10 million to an average of 5.6 million since the show launched.
Producers are now hoping that appearances by Cheryl Cole and Kylie Minogue on Sunday’s show will boost viewing figures ahead of the final next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment