Saturday 26 May 2012

Kelly Brook: I didn’t want to clash with Lemon

Kelly Brook
Cut above the rest ... Kelly Brook wears daring one-piece under trenchcoat

IT has been perhaps the most glamorous Cannes Film Festival in recent years. 

A-Listers including Cameron Diaz, Cheryl Cole and Nicole Kidman have pulled out all the stops to look sensational.
But one star has shone brighter than the rest.
All eyes have been on stunning British actress and model Kelly Brook. She has glittered in an array of eye-popping outfits and fabulous frocks while in the French resort to promote Keith Lemon: The Film, starring comic Leigh Francis.
Here, writing exclusively for The Sun, Kelly talks us through her amazing week, dress by dazzling dress...

Kelly Brook in swimsuit
Sizzling ... Kelly’s week in Cannes was one long costume drama
Xclusive Pix



Arriving at airport


Kelly Brook in Cannes
French fancy ... Kelly in Borsalino fedora with Louis Vuitton hand luggage
Eliot Press/Ken Goff
I call this look the “Bacall” after the actress Lauren Bacall. I rarely wear trousers but fell in love with these.
They had a Riviera feel – and I wanted something comfy to travel in that was still chic and a bit of fun.



Love Cat shoot



(Main image) During my week at Cannes I was also shooting a cover and editorial piece for the New York-based fashion magazine Love Cat.
Photographer Gavin Bond shot me walking down the street in this black trenchcoat at the premiere of the Brad Pitt film Killing Me Softly.
It will be a fun and memorable shoot to look back on.



Post photocall


Kelly Brook in Cannes
Flower power ... Kelly Brook wears floral playsuit
BIG
I wore this floral jumpsuit with a vintage belt and Manolo Blahnik shoes. The bag is an oversized gold clutch by Louis Vuitton.
I took more than 12 pairs of sunglasses along with me. These were Dolce & Gabbana.
We are on our way to the Hotel Du Cap to have a Bellini and watch the sun go down.



De Grisogono party


Kelly Brook
Radiant in red ... Kelly ups the glamour stakes at VIP party
I was going to save this dress for the Baftas but I couldn’t resist. It’s so glamorous and such a great cut. Irina Shayk complimented it because of its colour and shape. I teamed it with a green clutch for a splash of colour.
This party was the most fun. I went with Elie Saab Jnr and Chanel heir David Wertheimer.



Out and about in the daytime


BRROK
Mix and match ... Kelly pairs designer dress with High Street fave New Look
Optic
IRO is my favourite French fashion label right now – it’s similar to Isabel Marant.
I wore this dress to my manager’s birthday party a few weeks ago and found that it works well for during the day, too. I teamed it with little brown ankle boots from New Look and a striped linen beach bag.
There was no time for the beach though – it’s packed full of clothes and spare shoes.



On the red carpet at a premiere


Kelly Brook in Cannes
All that glitters ... Kelly in Project D dress, Avakian jewellery and Louis Vuitton clutch
This was the first screening I attended. Again I wanted Hollywood glamour, so I chose a more art deco-style dress with Manolo Blahnik shoes.
I did my own make-up because I only had 20 minutes to get ready.
That happens a lot during the festival because you are running from screenings to lunches to parties. It is insane and there are not enough hours in the day.



Keith Lemon photocall


Kelly Brook in Cannes
Brooking good ... model wears Project D dress, red Christian Dior shoes and Bulgari earrings
I knew Keith would wear something shocking and colourful, so not to clash I thought white would be a safe option.
I thought this look was very old Hollywood and a perfect way to kickstart the film festival.



Love Cat shoot

Kelly Brook in Cannes
Golden girl ... Kelly shimmers in corset designed by The Blonds
Optic
Cannon, the stylist, brought a bunch of outfits designed by The Blonds, who make outfits for Lady GaGa and Rihanna.
These embellished pieces are truly works of art. This gold corset took 15 minutes to get into. Over 24 hours I kept changing into these crazy outfits and paparazzi were following me everywhere. It was fun, but scary.



Chopard party


Kelly Brook in Cannes
Pretty in pink ... Kelly wears Cesare Paciotti shoes and Avakian Geneve jewellery
I love the colour of this dress. Joanne Black, a fantastic stylist, gave it me to wear because I wanted full-length but I’d taken mainly cocktail dresses.
The party was magical. We danced to a jazz band, Black Eyed Peas played and I drank champagne while watching Cirque du Soleil. Alec Baldwin was there with his fiancee Hilaria Thomas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment