Thursday 17 February 2011

‘Drunk’ McFadden in jet rumpus quiz

POP star BRIAN McFADDEN was quizzed by cops early today after allegedly launching a drunken rant on a plane at other passengers.

Witnesses said the former WESTLIFE singer and ex-husband of reality star KERRY KATONA had been drinking and abusive.
It was also claimed that he tried to light a cigarette on the Virgin flight between Los Angeles and Sydney.
When cabin crew objected Irishman McFadden, 30, is said to have turned his anger on them.
McFadden, who is engaged to Aussie singer DELTA GOODREM was travelling in business class with his friend and fellow judge on Australia's Got Talent, DJ KYLE SANDILANDS.
Cabin crew are said to have reported the incident to groundstaff in Sydney and McFadden was questioned by police after the plane landed.
Cops said that McFadden and Sandilands were spoken to after the incident.
But, today McFadden insisted he had not been drunk and abusive.
He claimed he had merely been singing lullabies to a distressed baby.
He claimed: "I had met a lady with a baby before getting on board.
"I simply went back to see her as the baby was being restless. I'm good with kids and I thought I could give her a break if I sang to the kid.
"Why else would I be going back through the curtains into economy? I actually slept for most of the flight."
He added: "Sure I'd had a couple of drinks but I'm an Irishman. It takes way more than a couple of vodkas for me to be sloshed.
"I'm Irish, I drink a lot of drink and I drink a lot of the time. But what is being claimed never happened. If it was true I would have been arrested."
McFadden's fiancée Goodrem took to Twitter to back her man, blasting top Aussie singer DAVID CAMPBELL for branding him "a doucebag".
She hit back: "Thanks for that David. I'm sure no one would like to hear someone call their partner names! All the best!"
A police statement said: "The men were released without charge, and no further action will be taken."
As he left the airport McFadden appeared to be still under the influence of alcohol.
Asked if he lit up during the flight, McFadden, with a cigarette in his mouth, said: "I don't smoke. Lighting up on a plane is illegal, isn't it?"
He later denied the allegations, calling the incident a "storm in a tea cup".

No comments:

Post a Comment