Tuesday 8 March 2011

Amanda Seyfried: "I thought I was ugly"

Amanda Seyfried:

She's often regarded as one of the world's most beautiful women but Mama Mia star Amanda Seyfried says that wasn't always the case and when she was growing up there was plenty she could pick fault with.
Having dated some of the hottest men in Hollywood (Dominic Cooper and Ryan Philippe – jealous!) it’s hard to imagine someone as lovely as Amanda ever feeling insecure.
"I was an insecure young girl and I didn't think I was pretty. I didn't like my body. I really looked in the mirror and thought I was ugly because I didn't look like a normal girl. I wanted braces, stick-straight hair and a tan. But I wouldn't go to the tanning booth and I have trouble getting up early enough to be able to straighten my hair."
All that is in the past now and Amanda appears to be finally happy with the way she looks. And why wouldn't she be! Japanese beauty company Cle de Peau Beaute recently hired Amanda as the face of their brand.
Seyfried has said of her new role, "I appreciate Cle de Peau Beaute's philosophy of empowering each woman to define her own unique sense of style. It's a very sophisticated approach to beauty that I appreciate and feel closely reflects my own beauty ideals."
The actress recently said of her role as Valerie in new movie Red Riding, “When I play a role like Valerie I can kind of let it hang out because I’m very open about my burping and, you know, things that my boyfriend’s mother wouldn’t appreciate.”
Nice. Maybe she chould focus some of her new beauty rules on those burpy manners…

No comments:

Post a Comment